Friday, January 8, 2010

NOT Smoking - again:-)

So...this time around I have had different thoughts about not smoking. I have been trying to figure out why it's been such a challenge for me to quit in the past...and what is going to make it any less challenging this time around? I have learned that smoking was more then just an addiction for me. It was part of my life and has been for YEARS!!! I don't like change.....by not smoking I am creating a HUGE change in my life...and I have a really hard time with that....more so then the actual addiction to nicotine. It was a nice break through for me to realize that. So......maybe this time I will work harder on accepting this change in my life rather then "fight" the addiction. I HATE smoking more then most smokers do...I mean I really hate it...I hate the way it smells...tastes...makes you feel...costs....EVERYTHING about it. So...why didn't I quit successfully a long time ago??? Ugh....I could ask why for many things in my life...he he...and never get the answer. I do know that every day....when the routine of my life calls for smoking...I try to do something different to replace the smoking habit and make that a new part of mt daily life. It kind of sucks right now because I am not use to it....but it won't be long until that is just part of my daily routine...just like smoking was. I have added exercise back into my routine...not only is it good for me...but it's a GREAT replacement for smoking.....I feel awesome after a good workout...and the last thing on my mind is smoking. I am setting myself weekly goals that, if completed properly, will take more of my time during the week. I have to keep myself busy. I have been a LOT more productive around the house...and at work since quitting:-) I know that at any moment I could pick a cigg up and be right back where I was a few weeks ago. This time around....when I think of smoking or am around it....I take a minute to really think about why I don't want to smoke even just ONE cigg....and it doesn't take me long to convince myself that it's the right decision.

Soooo...long story short...I am doing really well this time around...and I am very confident. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this to be the last time I quit smoking:-)

No comments: