Tuesday, October 26, 2010
2. Lots of WATER and SLEEP! - Yes!! The extra sleep is really making a difference in how I feel throughout the day!
3. Organize Laundry room - YES!! and ALL of my laundry has been done:-)
4. Work on kids rooms - Nope..>Thomas was gone to camp and the other kids had friends over...we will work on them soon though!
5. NO eating out - We did once...not bad at all!
6. Eat healthy...portion control - Yes, I have been doing really well with my eating habits and portion control!
7. Be nice! - Yes, it's the only way to be...even to people that aren't nice to you! It will all pay off in the long run! There are some things you just can't change...so live with them the best you can:-)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday: Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Green Beans, Rice
Wednesday: Beanie weenies, corn, rolls
Thursday: (football practice...not home until late) sooooo probably...leftovers:-)
Friday: Fettuccine Alfredo, Bread, Salad
Sat: Grilled Chicken, Veggies, Salad
Sunday: Chili, cornbread
Monday, October 18, 2010
1. Exercise 4x/week!!!!
2. Lots of WATER and SLEEP!
3. Organize Laundry room
4. Work on kids rooms
5. NO eating out
6. Eat healthy...portion control
7. Be nice!
1. Halloween Decorations - Almost DONE!!
2. Fall plants (outside) - Done
3. Exercise 4 times this week...walking..yoga....P90X...anything...as long as it's at least 30 minutes each:-) - Almost...not quite 4 times though:-(
4. Keep up with laundry - I am getting better...but can't stay all the way caught up!
5. LOTS of water....and lots of sleep:-) - YESS! I feel great!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Today I was able to get a few things done around the house. I am almost finished with the guest bathroom. I am going to hang up a few pics of the kids over the towel rack...and I will be done. I found the little block sayings and stars at the goodwill...yes I am a cheap shopper:-) They were almost nothing...and I think they are cute! I also bought velcro to stick them to the wall so I don't have to put nails in the walls...too cool!! I was also able to plant a few plants...and start putting up Halloween decorations. I LOVE this time of year! What a beautiful day to spend working on the house!! I LOVE our new home:-)
I can't believe how quickly time goes by watching your children grow! It seems like yesterday Thomas was just a little baby...and now is 14 and thinks he is grown. Look at the pictures above from top to bottem. That's what happens when you ask a 14 year old to smile. Why is that like THE WORST thing in the world at that age??? GEEEZ!!!! Tonight Thomas was going to his Homecoming Dance at his new school and I asked if I could get a few pictures with him. You would think I was asking him to clean his room or something....it was like pulling teeth to get him to smile!
I hope he has a wonderful time tonight:-)
Monday, October 11, 2010
1. Halloween Decorations
2. Fall plants (outside)
3. Exercise 4 times this week...walking..yoga....P90X...anything...as long as it's at least 30 minutes each:-)
4. Keep up with laundry
5. LOTS of water....and lots of sleep:-)
2. No eating out! - We ate out of Thomas's B-Day....and one other night with all of the kids. We have to get better at eating at home ALL week...and only go out every once in a while.
3. Keep up with laundry - Yep! I am doing good here:-)
4. Work on room projects with kids - Didn't get to them this week:-(....maybe next weekend.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Monday: Grilled Pork Tenderloin, roasted broccoli, mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Meatball sliders, baked chips
Wednesday: GNO...the boys will have to take care of themselves:-)
Thursday: Thomas's 14th B-Day! Going out!
Sat: Grilled Pizzas, salad
Monday, October 4, 2010
1. Excercise at least 4 times this week
2. No eating out!
3. Keep up with laundry
4. Work on room projects with kids
That's it! Oh, and I didn't mention before...but I lost 2lbs last week:-) I know it't not a lot...but it's moving in the right direction to losing the 15lbs I want to lose!! That's exciting for me!! 13 to go!!!
2. WATER..lots of it! - YES!! Not one soda at all this week:-)
3. Portion control - I did NOT do very well in this area this week:-( Went out to eat with my dad twice and CHOWED down!
4. Eat healthier snacks - I did ok...need to do better.
5. Keep up with laundry - I am getting better...I swear...you would think I have 25 children....it's unreal the amount of laundry I do!
6. Get plenty of sleep - Joel and I both have been going to be much earlier..a.nd boy does it make for a better day!!!!
7. Work on project with Thomas for his room - Nope...planning on working with all of the kids this weekend to fix up a few things in each of their rooms!
9. Scrap - No, but I did write down a list of pages I want to do...so I am working in the right direction!
10. Don't let ignorant people effect your life....it's really NOT worth it. Pray for them instead:-) - I have prayed for quite a few people this week....with hopes that they will find peace and have a warmer heart.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Today I was driving home, in traffic, as usual:-) I decided I would get off the highway and take the side roads home. I exited into more traffic...fun fun. Once I got to the point of getting over...so could turn the lady beside me decided she wasn't going to yield. Why?? I mean, seriously, what is the problem??? We both slowly move forward neck to neck...neither of us are backing down. It was coming to the point that we are going to hit or one of us is going to stop. I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY! SHE IS SUPPOSED TO BE YIELDING TO ME!
I stop and blow my horn. Then I said....screw this....I am going to tell her how I feel. I am so sick of asshole drivers that think they can just make their own rules. I pull up right beside her (we are at a stop in traffic at this point still) and I roll down my passenger side window. It's a lady in her mid to late forties driving the Tahoe. She looks over and rolls down her window. I asked her if she understood that she was supposed to be yielding for me to get over. She said "what part of me not letting you over do you not understand?". I said..."why? I mean seriously....is it going to ruin your day if you let one car in front of you....that you are supposed to be yielding to in the first place?" She just looked at me like I was stupid. I said " You know what....I am sorry that you are a such a miserable person...you go right on ahead in front of me." and I gestured my hand for her to go ahead. She looked at me and said. " I am sorry you are such a bitch." I told her that I wasn't a bitch...I wasn't yelling at her...I just wanted to know what made her day so bad that she felt like she needed to cut me off and keep me from getting over?? She looked at me like I was stupid again...didn't respond...rolled up her window and drove off. I wasn't mean...I didn't yell. But I am sick of people being idiots on the street....so I decided to tell her that I am sorry she is such an unhappy person.
Maybe the next time she is in that situation she will think about what I said...and maybe she will realize that there was NO purpose in her acting the way she did. I think that people are so quick to be mean and ugly to people that they don't know because they will never see that person again....or because they don't know them. That is wrong. I have done it before too. I an not trying to act like I haven't done it before...but I am not doing it anymore. If I am driving down the road and someone wants over....I will let them over. If I am in the grocery line and I have a basket full of stuff and there is a person behind me with one item...I will let them jump in front of me. If I see someone at the store and they don't have quite enough money to buy everything they need...I will cover the rest of it for them.
I mean come on! Life is too short...you don't only have to love and care for the people you know...you have to love and care for everyone! Treat other people with respect. I have learned so much in life over the past few years...and my outlook on everything is changing. Pick your battles carefully people:-)
I am glad that I can say...I am a very happy person...and I have no need to treat other people poorly. I hope one day the woman that was so ugly to me today can say the same thing about herself:-)