Monday, June 25, 2012

The Noble Pig - Austin TX

Joel and I had to drive down to Kerville TX to take Thomas to camp last week. We decided to make a pit stop on the way back to check out another Diner Drive-Ins and Dive locations. Let me just start by saying I am very grateful to have the technology of GPS on my phone....but it really erks me when it says something is 23 miles away and it ends up being 70. Joel was pretty po'd....but we FINALLY managed to find the place:-) After some research I learned that it actually wasn't on Triple D....but it was on Serious Sandwiches, which is another show that Guy hosts. I can't seem to find the video anywhere though!

This is what we got:
The Noble Pig: pulled pork, spicy ham, bacon, provolone, mustard/mayo.
I wasn't very impressed. It could have been awesome!....but they really slacked off on how much meat they put on the bread. That's what ruined it for me. The flavor was great...but the mustard was slapped in the middle in one big glob...so the flavor was too strong. All in all....I know they were slammed and needed to get the sandwiches out quickly...but I was disappointed in the way the were made.
Joel Got the Asian Chicken Sandwich:
It has chicken, jalapeno coleslaw, cilantro and mayo on it. Sounds awesome right?? Not so much....this sandwich had NO flavor. You couldn't taste any jalapeno's or cilantro. The chicken was really tender but had NO seasoning on it. The bread on both of the sandwiches was delicious though...and both sandwiches had the potential to be wonderful.
The pickled veggies were delicious!!! They make them at the deli...fresh. YUM!
Our experience here wasn't so great...but I am still glad we stopped to try it!


No comments: