Saturday, June 25, 2011

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives: Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine







Have you ever seen this show? I LOVE IT!!! I am going to try as many places that he goes to as I possible can. What fun!!!

Today my friend Stacey and I tried out a Jamaican place in Arlington TX that was on his show. We went all authentic...starting with a jamaican lemonade, then having jerk chicken, jerk pork, ox tail and rice and veggies. Yes, I said ox tail. It was pretty good too...once you got past the fact that it was an ox tail....lol. Stacey touched it and felt the tail bone and freaked out...then I dropped it and couldn't get it back up off the table...lol. We had fun.

The Jerk chicken and pork were really good! Oh and the lemonade was delicious! It's made with limes, brown sugar and water...and is really tasty! Then we had rum cake for dessert...YUM!!!

Here is the episode of the show...and a few pictures of what we ate:-I can't wait for our next Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives adventure:-)

No comments: