Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crazy Day!

Wow....I had a crazy lunch break today. As I was taking my exit to go home and meet my honey for lunch I see a van fly into this pond.....I stop to see if everyone is ok. The car started sinking...quick!! The woman in the drivers seat was totally freaking out and was banging on the windows yelling for someone to help her get out. By this time there were a number of people that had ran over to the edge of the water. I waited to see if anyone was going to jump in to help her...I mean DUH! Someone better jump in quick or I will. It's good to know that there are still good people in this world. A man jumped in the water and tried to open the door and it wouldn't budge. I start screaming out my window to break the fucking window (pardon my french...but that's what I said).....He went over to the other side of the car and was able to open that door without breaking anything:-) He pulled both of the women out of the car. Once I realized that everyone was going to be ok I went home to meet Joel for lunch. Whew! I am not sure how deep the water was in that little pond...I don't think the car would sink enough for anyone in the car to drowned or anything...but let me just tell you that seeing that today was really scary! I have seen movies with that stuff and seeing it in person was a totally different story...for a second I really thought I was going to see something horrible and wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Thankfully that is not how everything went down.....let's just say it was a heck of a lunch break...and yes, I did manage to snap a picture in the middle of everything:-)

I am thankful that the women in the car were fine...probably a little cold once they had to get in the water....but they were alive:-) Just another reason why I wake up in the morning thankful that I am here. Don't waste your time being mad...rude..ugly....or anything else. It's not worth it:-)




No comments: