Monday, July 25, 2011
1. Workout at least 3 times this week
2. Keep track of everything on myfitnesspal.com
3. Keep up with laundry
4. No extra spending! or eating out!
5. Finish - Shiver
6. Make some "Mom & me" time
7. Get up earlier to have breakfast with Joel before he leaves for work:-)
8. Stay positive!
9. Vitamins/eat healthy/lots of water
10. don't have a 10 this week:-)
1. Workout 3 times this week - YES!
2. LOTS OF SLEEP - YES!
3. NO SODAS (except one on "free" day) - None...even on free day!
4. Stay active....park further away from places...use the stairs....do something active at lunch....etc... - Not really...need to work on this a little more
5. No eating out! - We ate out once...:-(
6. Work on plan for "Me and Thomas weekend"- Everything is planned...we are going to have a BLAST!!!
7. Scrap page - No...not this week.
8. Think positive! - Yes...trying to!
9. Read every night:-) - Yes! It really helps me relax:-)
10. Vitamins daily - YES!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
1. Workout 3 times this week - YES!!
2. LOTS OF SLEEP - YES!!
3. NO SODAS (except one on "free" day) - YES!!
4. Stay active....park further away from places...use the stairs....do something active at lunch....etc...Didn't really work on this one...will next week!
5. No eating out! - Not once!
6. Work on plan for "Me and Thomas weekend" - Yes, will finalize everything next weekend:-)
7. Scrap page Started one today!
8. Think positive! - YES!!
9. Read every night:-) - Yes, I finished the book "The Surgeon"
10. Vitamins daily- YES!
Overall it was a good week!
Monday, July 11, 2011
1. Limit your liquids to herbal tea and water only. Drinking even light juices or diet coke will still pack on pounds over time, says Borden. If you need a sweet fix, eat your fruit, don't drink it. You'll get more fiber and less sugar that way.
2. Eat with chopsticks. "People who use chopsticks tend to eat way less and get fuller quicker because it takes longer to eat -- [chopsticks] slow you down," says Borden. This is one of the biggest rules of thumb when it comes to eating right. If you eat too fast your body doesn't register that it's full, so you'll keep eating unnecessary calories.
3. Take your workout to work. No time to exercise before or after work? Burn a few calories during your lunch hour instead. Borden likes the virtual jump rope for this purpose (try Airope Original, 34.95). It's easy to tote, you won't whip any colleagues, and two simple minutes of jumping will get you off your bum and blasting cals. Bonus: It'll give your back a much-needed break from hunching (and hurting), she says.
4. Avoid low fat diets. "Fat is your friend, it will help you get fewer calories cravings," says Borden. Find good-for-you fats in avocado, olive oil and fish.
5. Do an activity that jumpstarts your lymphatic system, says Borden, like running, jump rope, and rebounding (jumping on a mini trampoline). These activities boost your circulation to help release built-up toxins, which in turn speeds up your metabolism. And you know what that means: More calories burned without any extra effort.
6. Sprinkle on the cinnamon. Flavoring your oatmeal, cereal, coffee -- you name it -- with cinnamon may actually control the insulin spikes that often occur after you eat, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture finding. These spikes can make you feel hungry, which isn't exactly ideal if you're trying to cut calories.
7. Avoid creamy foods. Example: Dairy or creamy dressings like ranch have more unhealthy fats and are harder to digest than olive oil-based fats found in vinaigrette-like dressings.
8. Add more weight to your weight-training workout. It's a myth that women "shouldn't lift more than three pounds," says Borden. "The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be," she adds. So, don't be afraid to pile on the pounds (to your weight room routine, that is) and don't worry, contrary to popular belief, it's actually hard to add bulk. If you can do 15 reps of an exercise easily, add more weight until your last rep is an effort, she says.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
1. Workout 3 times this week
2. LOTS OF SLEEP
3. NO SODAS (except one on "free" day)
4. Stay active....park further away from places...use the stairs....do something active at lunch....etc...
5. No eating out!
6. Work on plan for "Me and Thomas weekend"
7. Scrap page
8. Think positive!
9. Read every night:-)
10. Vitamins daily
2. Portion control - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. NO sodas...lots of water! - I had one soda on my "free" day...and that's it!!
4. Plenty of sleep! - YES!!!!
5. Scrap page - No...dang it:-(
6. Focus on positive only.....let the negative roll off....it's not worth it! - Yes! Life is so much better without all of the drama and stress....
7. Take pictures of Thomas - YES! Love the way they turned out:-) He is so darn handsome
8. NO eating out! - Not at all!
9. Walk dogs every day even if it's a short one:-) - Yes...either walked them or let them outside to run around...and they played with they neighbor dogs one night and had a blast!!!
10. Read more! - Yes! Almost done with "The Surgeon"...great book!
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
I hadn't ever ready anything by Tess Gerritsen...but I can promise you after this book it will NOT be the last time I read something by her:-)
The Surgeon is awesome! I can't put it down. I am not done with it yet....but will let you know what I think once I am done.
Again....if you like Thrillers you should check this one out. You might not want to read it alone late at night though....it might freak you out a little:-) This guy comes after women while that are in bed sleeping.....
If you are into thrillers this is a MUST READ series! I really like it! The fourth book "The Night Season" finally came out...and just as I had expected...it was awesome! I can't wait for the next one!!!!
Det. Archie Sheridan led the Beauty Killer Task Force for ten years, before the Beauty Killer (Gretchen Lowell) caught him, tortured him for ten days and then mysteriously let him go and turned herself in. Now it’s two years later and Archie, addicted to pain pills and still obsessed with Gretchen, is called off medical leave to hunt a second serial killer. Pink-haired girl journalist Susan Ward is assigned to profile Archie. She knows he’s hiding something. But what?
Serial killer Gretchen Lowell escapes. ’Nuff said.
Evil at Heart
Det. Archie Sheridan is in the nuthouse. Serial killer Gretchen Lowell is still at large. That doesn’t seem fair, does it? Bodies start turning up. But is Gretchen to blame, or is it a wily bunch of psychotic followers? Archie and Susan are on the case.
The Night Season
Gretchen is in jail, Archie and Susan are on the trail of a new serial killer, and Portland is flooding! A major character is poisoned. A major character drowns. And a major character gets hypothermia. So there is a lot of derring-do. That said, this is a good book for those of you who are new to the series. You can read it without having read the other three, and there is less stabbing in this one. Gretchen fans, do not be alarmed. She's in this book. Just a little. And she'll be back in book five when the stabbing continues
Monday, July 4, 2011
Wow! Where does the time go?? This was Thomas's 8th year at La Junta. Crazy how quickly the years go by! Seems like yesterday it was his first year at camp...and now...it's his last year as a camper. This year he was an AC (Advanced Camper). Next year he will be a CIT (Counselor in Training) He is so excited!!! I can't wait to see how he does. He will be a wonderful Counselor one day!
Here are a few pictures of the day we went to pick him up. This will be the last year I ever pick him up as a camper again:-( Sniff sniff....
1. Workout at LEAST 3 times!
2. Portion control
3. NO sodas...lots of water!
4. Plenty of sleep!
5. Scrap page
6. Focus on positive only.....let the negative roll off....it's not worth it!
7. Take pictures of Thomas
8. NO eating out!
9. Walk dogs every day even if it's a short one:-)
10. Read more!
2. Portion Control! - Didn't do very good this week with portions.
3. WATER - Drank LOTS of water:-)
4. Plenty of sleep - Got plenty of sleep!
5. Finish Thomas's room! - Yes, it looks awesome!
6. Finish book - YES! It was awesome!!!! Great series!
7. Work on a scrap page - Nope:-(
8. Keep up the laundry - Yes, what a relief!
9. Get up earlier...and go to bed earlier - Working on it!
10. Think positive even in negative situations:-) It's all the way you make it! - Working really hard on this. It's amazing how much better this can make your day:-)