Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Crazy stuff! I just had to vent a little. It confuses me why we do this to ourselves. I am going to open a restaurant that is called "Portion Control". I would serve healthy NON processed food and the portions you would receive would be what you should be eating! Gosh, women around the world would LOVE me! I would probably make millions....hmmmmm??? Here is an article I found...interesting!
2. Vitamins daily!
3. Exercise at least 4 times this week:-)
4. Portion control
5. Healthier cooking!
6. Work on projects for kids rooms
7. Advertise Simply Fun
8. Go for a 2 lb loss this week!
9. Work on creating margins in your life....you need them!
10. One on One time with T-Man!
2. Portion control - YES!
3. Only healthy snacks - I did ok...but could do better!!
4. Exercise EVERY day either Yoga or walking - NOPE...not ONCE!!!!!! Slacker!!!! Will do better next week:-)
5. Take vitamins - Better...but not every day!
6. Get lots of sleep - Yes, I have been going to bed earlier...LOVE IT!
7. Only one cup of coffee a day - Yep!
8. No eating past 8pm - Almost!
9. Only weigh yourself Monday and Sunday - Yep! I lost 2 lbs last week:-) Working closer to my goal of 15!! 13 to go:-)
10. Try a NEW recipe that is low in fat - Yes, Veggie wraps...they were delicious!!!! Would need to add chicken for Joel to like them:-)
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
The letter reads:
Dear Patterson Family,
We are so very sorry about your dear sweet Braxton. He was truly on of a kind. It breaks my heart that he is no longer with us. I'm glad he had the chance to be part of your wonderful family. He would have been a great pet to anyone - he was just that kind of dog. But being a member of YOUR family was a blessing for him and you, he couldn't have found a more loving home.
It makes me cry to read this letter.....but it's just another reminder of how many hearts Braxton touched. I miss him so much:-( I am so glad that we found Dr. Duncan. If it weren't for a friend of mine we probably wouldn't have. Thank you Stacey for telling me about Walnut Creek. They are truly a special group of people who have a "real" passion for animals.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Kevin Parson is a 28-year-old seminary student with a hidden past. He nows lives totally different from the unusual upbringing by his adopted mother. His cell phone rings one day as he is driving home through school on a congested Long Beach street. He has three minutes to call the newspaper and "confess", plus solve a riddle or his car will explode. Wildly he looks for a place where he can dump his car safely. Fortunately there is a WalMart across the street with a grassy ditch area. He barely gets away before his car explodes.
Suddenly Kevin's life is totally turned around. He had overcome his past. Now a man named Slater is threatening his and the public's lives with more bombings. Kevin has a man threatening him over the phone, using riddles. The man also knows Kevin's childhood friend, Samantha, and wants her in Long Beach as well. Kevin hadn't seen her in about ten years, but had been in phone contact since she had left for college. Samantha immediately responds.............
1. NO SODAS...LOTS OF WATER
2. Portion control
3. Only healthy snacks
4. Exercise EVERY day either Yoga or walking
5. Take vitamins
6. Get lots of sleep
7. Only one cup of coffee a day
8. No eating past 8pm
9. Only weigh yourself Monday and Sunday
10. Try a NEW recipe that is low in fat
Thomas and I were able to go see the movie "Vampires Suck" the night before it came out:-) It was a lot of fun....they had a few different things going on at the theater and of course were giving out free stuff!! My friend Matt asked me to go take some pics of the event....in return Thomas and I got to see the movie!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thomas felt like total VIP since we had sectioned off areas of the theater that only "press" could sit in...and I was "press" that night...so it was pretty cool! I had never done anything like that before...but had a blast and would do it again! The movie was just what I figured it would be....stupid...but funny. Thomas really liked it. If you ever want to get reviews on a movie before deciding to go see it...check out my friend Matt's website at http://www.mungleshow.com/.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Friday: "New Recipe"
Sat: DINNER WITH FRIENDS FOR MY B-Day!!!!
Sunday: Pork Chops, rice, veggie
Monday: Meatball Subs, chips
Tuesday: Chicken Kabobs, veggies, salad
Thursday: Dinner at Mom's B-Day!
Friday: Beef Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
Sat: Fettuccine Alfredo, bread, rolls
Sunday: Chicken, potatoes, veggies, rolls
Thursday, August 12, 2010
I am not limited by any past thinking. I choose my thoughts with care. I constantly have new insights and new ways of looking at my world. I am willing to change and grow.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
So....my drive to work just got a lot longer since we moved to Mansfield. I don't mind the drive so much...but it gets boring listening to the same old radio show every morning. I decided to try books on CD. I haven't ever done it before...and wasn't sure I would like it...but I am glad I did! I LOVE IT! It makes my ride to work so much better. I have even missed my exit before because I was so into the book LOL! I decided to go with an author that I like...James Patterson. I am on the second book (2nd to die) in the Women's Murder Club and it's great. Below is a description of the series. If you are thinking of trying a book on CD or just looking for a good murder/mystery/love story book you will most likely enjoy this series.
Lindsay Boxer, Cindy Thomas, Claire Washburn and Jill Bernhardt, the stars of 1st to Die and 2nd Chance, are the founding members of the Women's Murder Club. Later, in 4th of July, Yuki Castellano joins the Club. Together, they solve crimes in their home city of San Francisco, and often meet up to talk about clues and life over Mexican food and drinks at Susie's. The next Women's Murder Club novel, The 9th Judgment, will be in stores April 26th.
Tuesday: (YOGA) Spaghetti - bread
Wednesday: NEW RECIPE - not sure what yet:-)
Thursday: (YOGA) - BLT's - soup
Friday: Beef Enchiladas - Rice - Beans
Sat (YOGA) -BBQ Chicken - Potatoes - Veggie
Sunday: Pork Chops - Rice - Veggie
1. NO SMOKING!!!!
2. Stick to healthy easting plan
3. Drink LOTS of water NO sodas
4. Portion control!
5. Yoga at least 3 times this week
6. Get Thomas back on a schedule for school!!
7. work on a scrap page and some personal photo editing
8. kids rooms (projects)
9. Try a new recipe!
10. finish book!
1. Portion Control
2. Eat healthy all week!
3. Drink LOTS of water
2. Think more about your future...and how to plan for your family moving forward. - I am focused...and on my way to a wonderful future for me and my family!
3. Read more...it's good for you:-) - not so much...I have been so darn busy!
4. Really pay attention to what you put in your body! You only get one chance...so take care of yourself the best you can! - Working on this!!
5. Spend good quality time with all of the people you love - YES!!!
6. Don't spend time worrying about things you have NO control over...just trust that everything with work itself out. - Yes! THIS get's easier the more you do it!
7. Lots of WATER!! - Didn't drink water like I should have last week...need to get back on track!
8. NO SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ME!
9. Tell people you care about them..... - Yep...getting better at this:-)
10. Get more sleep..... - Trying....need to work on this some more.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
1. Be nice to everyone....even if they aren't very nice to you:-)
2. Think more about your future...and how to plan for your family moving forward.
3. Read more...it's good for you:-)
4. Really pay attention to what you put in your body! You only get one chance...so take care of yourself the best you can!
5. Spend good quality time with all of the people you love
6. Don't spend time worrying about things you have NO control over...just trust that everything with work itself out.
7. Lots of WATER!!
8. NO SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. Tell people you care about them.....
10. Get more sleep.....
Tuesday (yoga) - Beef and Cheese Enchiladas...salad
Wednesday - Spaghetti...bread...salad
Thursday (yoga) - Grilled BBQ Chicken...potatoes...veggies
Friday (yoga) - Teriyaki Chicken...rice...egg rolls
Sat - Eating out (Joel's B-Day!)
Sunday (yoga) - Pork chops...mac-n-cheese....broccoli
2. LOTS of water - YES!
3. Portion control - Not so much....
4. Clean WHOLE house before vacation! - Not quite...it was a good thought though:-)
5. Unpack boxes in master closet! - Almost!
6. Walk dogs at least 5 times this week - We are walking them every day and they LOVE it!
7. Try one new recipe:-) - I did...White Chicken Enchiladas...and they were great!
8. Mail out Pics CD by Thursday! - Yep!
9. Get mailing list for flyer:-) - Still working on this list:-)
10. Mani and Pedi!
What a great vacation!!! The kids had a blast and so did Joel and I. We really enjoy doing different things with the kids. This year we decided to make it a cruise and beautiful beaches!!! Haley and Brenden had never been on a cruise...and hadn't ever seen beaches like this before...so it was a real treat for them:-) Thomas had already been on a cruise but of course...enjoyed another one:-) The food wasn't the best...but that is to be expected. You just find what you like...and stick with that throughout the whole trip. I ended up eating LOTS of chocolate cake:-) Hey...that's what was good...so I stuck with it:-) Thomas isn't picky...so he ate just about everything. Brenden drank more sodas then any kid I have ever seen...and Haley...well she didn't eat much...never does. I sure do wish I could get Haley and Brenden to eat better....but it is what it is:-)
Our trip started in Galveston...we left there and spent the next day on the ship. The kids enjoyed swimming...riding the water slides...and exploring the ship! The views were amazing...and our room rocked! The next morning we arrive in Progresso, Mexico. Joel and I really enjoyed walking through the town. They don't have a lot of tourist...so it's very authentic. I think it helped the kids realize what a great life they have. They saw some very poor families in Progresso. The beaches were pretty but not very well maintained. We ate lunch at a local restaurant that was pretty good....and we spent the day at a private resort enjoying the beach and playing a little water volleyball:-) We got back on the ship and the nest morning arrived in Cozumel, Mexico. We spent the day there at Paradise Beach. What a great beach!!! Se much fun and absolutely gorgeous!!!!! FUN FUN FUN! We had lunch at Carlos and Charlies...and bought a few souvenirs. The last day of our trip was spend on the ship. We ate LOTS of bad food....drank LOTS of sodas...and enjoyed time by the pool...playing miniature golf...taking naps....watching movies...etc...
Here are a few pics from our trip!
Overall I think it was a wonderful vacation! Joel and I are planning a trip to the mountains next year...we are thinking...water rafting...fly fishing...camping....hiking! That sounds like LOTS of fun:-)