Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Amazing how much your views change as you get older:-)




Wow...it's amazing how songs have totally different meanings as you get older. I love this song...always have. I heard it on the way home from work today and it hit me in a different way then it use to.

I fell in love with my high school sweetheart and we became pregnant when I was 16 years old. My Mom and Dad told me he wasn't the one for me...and that he would be a "walk away joe". Funny how different I felt then. You could have NEVER convinced me that he would be anything more then a loving husband and father. Even when things were bad I still new that he would change:-) Of course my parents were right and me and my high school sweetheart haven't been together for years and he also chose to never be a part of our sons life. So sad....but it's true:-(

Now I am at a point in my life where I see my son with the same thoughts. Not getting a girl prego or anything...but he thinks he knows everything about life. I finally realized that there are some things you just have to let your kids find out for themselves...because nothing you do will make them see it....nothing.

One good thing came out of a sad story and that is my son. On October 7, 1996 I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy! I haven't always been the perfect mother...but I have grown as a mom so much since I was 17. I live my life every day to do nothing more then love and raise him and help him turn out to be the best man he can be:-) He is my world and has turned out to be a wonderful young man and is absolutely perfect to me:-) I love him more then he will ever know:-)

No comments: