Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Utah Vacation Day 2:-)

We arrived in Utah yesterday morning....I have to admit...I wasn't in the best of mood. I am not sure what my problem is. I enjoy coming up to spend some time in the mountains...but I am really a summer girl...not a winter girl. Maybe that is my problem. I know the kids really love coming up though!! So you do what your kids want. The day will come that the kids will be grown and I will be laying on the beach for X-Mas!!!

Yesterday we went to the store and grabbed a few things to eat. Mama, Joel and the kids all went to get their ski equipment. I didn't go...I stayed at the house and read my book and did everything I could to stay warm. Brrr...it's cold up here!!! I DON'T like being cold.

The got back and we enjoyed dinner together (tacos) then watched a movie and hit the sack.

Today has been a little better:-) I am in a better mood...still not 100% though...not sure what my problem is. So I decided to let everyone go skiing and I decided to stay home and have some "me time". Maybe that will help get me in a better mood. I took a hot shower...got some laundry going...cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast....put some boots on and a jacket and went outside and enjoyed the snow for a little bet. Not too long because it's too damn cold!! It sure is beautiful here though! I am taking pics and will post them once I get back to Dallas. I didn't bring my camera cord...forgot.

I am sure the kids, Joel and Mama are having a blast skiing! I have had a pretty good day so far! I am about to cuddle up with my book for a little while and then make myself a nice light lunch:-)

We are all going out for Pizza tonight to a great pizza place here locally. I am looking forward to getting out for a bit!

I am determined to stay in a better mood for the rest of my vacation:-) I am out of my comfort zone I guess:-) I like being at home...but am starting to enjoy my vacation up here in the snow covered mountains!!!

Merry Christmas everyone:-)


No comments: