Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 New Year Resolutions

Another year has come and gone. Time flies by!!! Last year I put my 2010 resolutions in an envelope and placed it in my desk drawer and never looked back throughout the whole year. I opened it recently and was very pleased that I have actually followed through with a few of my resolutions. Did I do all of them? NOPE! But I can honestly say that I usually don't do ANY of them.

I think it's fun to open what you had written down a year ago and see if you did any of the things that a year ago you though were so important:-)

Here is what I wrote down. I know that some of them seem silly...buy hey....that's what was on my mind at the time.

Lose 15 pounds
Quit smoking
Quit picking fingers
Buy better clothes
Exercise 3-4 times a week
Build photography business
Work on credit
Cook lots
Build relationship with kids and Joel
Save money

Ok, this what those meant and how I did on them:-)

Lose 15 pounds - Why would I put lose weight and quick smoking on the same thing??? Duh Kenzey.....Ok, so I didn't lose 15 pounds...I actually gained about 20 pounds this year...OMG!
Quit smoking - I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this resolution FOREVER...and I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!! So proud of myself!
Quit picking fingers - This might sound a little silly....but I had a horrible habit of picking the skin around my fingers. I have done it since I was about 13 years old...and it made my fingers so ugly:-( I QUIT PICKING THEM!!!!!! My hands are so much prettier now:-)
Buy better clothes - I worked on this throughout the year. I am HORRIBLE at shopping...hate it...but I am getting better:-)
Exercise 3-4 times a week - I am getting better at this too...but have work to do
Build photography business - Haven't had the time to work on this as much as I would like to
Work on credit - Yes! Finally....our credit is good:-) Took long enough....but it's worth it!
Cook lots - YES! I have been a cooking fool!!!
Build relationship with kids and Joel - Yes! All of the relationships between our blended family have grown a lot and I look forward to many more years together as a family:-) I am a very lucky woman:-)
Save money - Haven't quite mastered this yet....but plan to work on it more this year!

Soooo...that's how I did...not bad! How did you do? I will write out my 2011 resolutions tonight....keep them put away....and see how I do once again:-)

No comments: