Friday, April 9, 2010

Lots of ideas floating through my head......

I am visually moving in our new house already:-) We don't have the extra cash to buy tons of new furniture right away...so I am working with what we have and also coming up with ideas (cheap) that will look good. I am NOT a good person at decorating. I don't really have a style:-( I want my house to look nice but I want to be the one who decorates it...so it's me. I like things that have character...that mix match...and that are useful...or have a purpose. I see so many houses that look great but are full of stuff that never gets used. Makes NO sense to me.

Haley and Brenden's rooms will be the most challenging because they are both going to have nice sized rooms...with hardly anything in them. I really want their rooms to be a place that they can go....to do what they enjoy:-) I will set up Thomas's room this way as well...but will have more to work with since he lives with us full time...he has more furniture etc.

Haley is becoming a young woman right in front of me...it's crazy! When I met her she was a little live wire...that could spark at any time. She was FULL of drama and VERY emotional. Like most girls I guess. Now, Haley is starting to really get to know who "she" is. She loves to read and has the most colorful personality I have ever seen. She wants to be, and try EVERYTHING! I hopes she holds on to all of those hopes and dreams forever:-) Don't let me fool you ...she is still full of drama too LOL! I want her room to match her personality. She is not a little girl anymore. I want her room to POP! Color...fun....all over the place! I have a few ideas floating around...that I think will look great in her room and they are very simple things that she could help me make. There is one thing that I know I am going to do. The family that lives in the house that we are buying has one bedroom with what I thought was really FUNKY wall paper. When we looked at the house we noticed that it wasn't wall paper. They took fabric and stapled it to the wall! It looked awesome and is super easy...affordable...and easy to remove when you want to take it down. I am going to help Haley find some really funky fabric that matches her personality and we will put it on one of the walls in her room. I also want there to be a reading area in her room that is comfortable and relaxing because Haley has recently started to REALLY enjoy reading! I am so glad. Reading is soooo good for kids....and if they enjoy it they learn so much from it!! So excited!

Mr Brenden....he is another one that was a live wire when I first met him and he still is. He is just like his father....never sits still LOL! Brenden really enjoys skateboarding and that origami stuff. he is really good at it too! He loves to draw and make stuff. I posted a want ad on Craigslist to see if someone had a bunch of skateboards that they wanted to get rid of ...and it worked!! A kid sold me like 10 of his old boards for $20.00. SCORE!!! There boards are awesome!! They are worn...and some are even split in half. Not sure what I will do with them...but I am sure we can come up with something that will look great in his room. I am also going to make space in his room for him to be able to do all of the origami/art stuff that he wants. I think he will really enjoy that!!

Thomas is more of an intellectual. He loves to read and is awesome at writing. He really has a talent...he doesn't think so...but I see it. I want him to have space in his room to be able to enjoy reading and writing. What fun!!

I can't wait to be able to start working on some of these projects for the kiddos!! I am sure I will have more ideas come around between now and then. My friend Alyson just mentioned a few really cool ideas for Haley's room that I am going to work on too!

As far as the rest of the house goes....I have everything I need. I WANT more new stuff...but that will come with time. That is part of buying a new house right? Over time you can get everything JUST the way you want it:-) One idea that I saw at a restaurant was really cool. They had candle holders full of coffee beans and then placed a tea cup candle in the middle of them....great idea...it smells good...looks cool...and it's cheap to put together!

More ideas to come...........

No comments: