Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Goin' Old School:-)


Well...it was nice to have the iphone for a little while...but I am getting rid of it. I really can't justify spending that much a month on a phone that is great...but ultimately does nothing that I can't do without it. The biggest thing I will miss about it is the notes section and the calendar. I put my whole life in that darn thing! It would beep at me to tell me to do a load of laundry. Ok...I wasn't THAT bad...but it was pretty close. I am a "to do" list kind of girl...and I need them:-) So....I am going back "old school" to the typical calendar book. This is what I used before I had the iphone...and I really like it. It's just not as "cool" as the iphone calendar...and it doesn't come with the option of beeping to remind me that I have an appointment etc. I have to get back into the habit of looking at it throughout the day and making sure I write everything in it and I will be good to go. You know...there comes a time (like when you buy a house) that you really have to get your priorities in the correct order...and the bill for the iphone is now OFF my list!!! With the house mortgage about to start I am looking for any simple ways that I can cut back our spending...and the iphone was the first to go. I am working really hard at sticking to a reasonable grocery budget. That is going to be a little more challenging for me:-) I LOVE to cook...and I don't like the cheap stuff (cheeses, meats...etc...) So...I am REALLY trying to find cheaper and more simple recipes. I can't just NOT cook...and start making ramon noodles for dinner....I just CAN'T justify that as a dinner for my family....nope...I can't do it!!!

No comments: