Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tough Times.....

I know that life would be totally boring if you didn't have obstacles to get through. I just wish that some of them didn't have to be so darn hard. I really do think that everything happens for a reason though...so I just hang in there for the ride and know that we will get through everything that is put in our way.

Joel lost his mother recently and it's been really hard for him lately. I feel so helpless because I don't know how he feels and there isn't much I can do to make him feel better. I have spoken to family and friends who have lost their parent or parents and they tell me that everything Joel is going through is normal. I just wish there was more I could do for him. It hurts me to see him so sad.

I am so glad that Sheila was able to see Joel sober and truly happy before she passed. That made her soooo happy:-) I also know that she is very proud of the man Joel has become.

Time will pass and Joel will get through this. I know he will. He is a very strong man....but it still really sucks:-( Any prayers for him would be more then welcome:-)

Hopefully the yummy chocolate cake and ice cream that I am making him tonight will help to make him feel a little better!

No comments: