Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Million Little Peices



I know this book came out a long time ago and there was a lot of controversy about what was true and what wasn't etc....Well, I am glad I waited to read it. I knew when I started it that the book might be fiction. It was still an excellent book! I LOVED IT!!! I think he did a great job of showing what addiction is like. He kept it very real. I have know people with serious addictions and I myself have faced addiction.

I feel like I know James. I felt his pain throughout the book...and I also felt the love he had for Lilly. It had been so long since he experienced love....that is what saved him.

I know that the book isn't 100% true....but a lot of what he talks about is right on. The feeling he had...the anger that comes with addiction....the guilt. Gosh...it's all so true. I agree with so many of his opinions on AA and God. AA is a great program and works for many people....but there is also another way to look at it. You don't have to have a program. You have to face the fact that you are jacked up....and go the other direction to stay away from the bad things in life. It's something all addicts will face the rest of their lives.

I really enjoyed this book! I am starting a new book tonight called "Driving With Dead People" sounds good huh??? We will see. I will let you know what I think of it as soon as I am finished with it:-)

No comments: