Friday, July 10, 2009

Pay It Forward

I have had many up hill and down hill battles in my life. There have been many people...friend, family and even strangers that have helped me through a lot of these battles. Today it was my turn to pay it forward:-)

I was driving home for lunch today and I noticed a woman sitting on the side of the road. I looked around to see if I saw a bus stop sign...and I didn't. There were a lot of people on that side of the road slowing down and looking at her but no one was stopping (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? UGH) I went up to the stop light and made a U turn. Once I got to her...I turned on my hazards and rolled my window down to ask if she was ok. She said she wasn't ok...she was too hot. Let me just remind you that today's high is 103! That's too hot for someone to be stuck outside:-( I told her to hop in and I would give her a ride. She said she couldn't get up. I got out and tried to help he stand up but I wasn't strong enough. Luckily another car stopped and they helped me get her in the car. I asked her what had happened and she said she had gotten off the bus and was going to walk home. She made it that far and the heat was just too much for her. Once she sat down to rest she couldn't get back up...she had bad knees. I asked her how long she had been sitting there. She told me since 10am! I stopped to help her at 12:15pm. That is just wrong. How could all of those cars drive by and not even think to stop and ask if she was ok. I took her home and made sure she made it in ok. She was such a nice lady. Her name was Kathrine. I am very glad that I was able to help her and hope and pray that if I am ever in a situation like that someone will do the same for me. She was an older lady and could have died in this heat less then a mile from her home:-( That's just sad...what has this world come to? There are some good people left though and I am proud to say I am one of them!!!

1 comment:

Ms Spears said...

You are awesome. I am proud to call you a friend.