Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Honeymoon - St. Lucia

Well, we are back from our PERFECT honeymoon! I know I shoudl write about the wedding first...but I don't have my pictures back yet...so I will tell you all about the honeymoon....we will get to the wedding once I have pics:-) Joel and I decided to go to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. Neither one of us had been there and we heard nothing but good about the place so we figured..why not? We had to leave early Sunday morning to catch our 6am flight....I know that's a little early...not sure what I was thinking when I planned that part LOL! Anywho...we made it and arrived in St. Lucia around 2pm Sunday afternoon. It was pretty cool...we exited off the back out the plane and went down stairs to get off....not like the airports here in Tejas...at all! We picked up or luggage and jumped on the next shuttle to the resort. We didn't know that the resort was 1 1/2 hours from the airport. No big deal right??? We could take pics of the beautiful scenery on the way...Well...first off they drive on the left side of the raod there....so I felt like we were playing chicken the whole way to the resort....Secondly, I live in Dallas Texas...FLAT....STRAIGHT.....we were going up and down and turning so much it made me sick..>UGH...Not literally...but I wasn't feeling well! We arrived safely at the hotel...I got some water and headed to the beach...The rest of the day was all about checking everything out.
The next morning we had breakfast sent to our room and we ate on the balcony...It was very nice:-)


After breakfast we headed out to the beach....

We had to check out the Hobie Cat (spelling???) It was fun...kind of freaked me out a little though...

The beach was so pretty!!!

I had to pose a little in the water LOL

Joel and I tried to water ski LOL....and Joel had a blast on the Jet Skis


Just me and the beach...It doesn't get much better then this!!

Went to the local town of Castries and did a little shopping...and eating..(the local food was great!!)




Nice dinner at the hotel with my husband...he he...I like saying that:-)

Caught a boat ride with a local named Julian (he took us snorkeling)


We got a conk shell from a local guy -

Para sailing....freaked me out! LOL...At least I did it though!

More chillin' on the beach...LOVE IT!

Joel caught a big ole' barracuda! Like a little kid...he was so freakin' excited...He is freakin' adorable! LOVE HIM!

Our ride back to the airport...what fun!




No comments: