Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Said Yes!!!!

Ok...I know it's a little late...but I have been busy planning a wedding for the past year and I am just now getting around to scrapping some of our engagement pictures. Joel proposed to me on June 17th, 2008 at midnight. It was a very special and adorable proposal. We were sitting in the living room watching TV and Joel kept giving me the weirdest looks. I kept asking him what was wrong and he said nothing. He kept asking me if I was ready to go to bed...I said...no, I am going to go smoke then I will be ready. (YES I know that SMOKING is a HORRIBLE habit and I plan to try to quit again after the wedding)...anyways....so we went outstide to smoke...We really enjoy sitting out on the patio at night. It's nice and quiet outside and the weather that night was awesome! He put his cig in the ashtray and looked over at me and smiled....I smiled back and said...what is your deal...why are you acting weird??? He stood up and got down on one knee in front of me...I about had a heart attack. I knew what was about to happen but just couldn't believe it. He had always told me that he would probably not "really" propose. Anyway...I keep getting off track...so he got down on one knee and told me that he wasn't really good at this type of thing and wasn't exactly sure what to say but that he loved me more then he has every loved anyone and wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Then he simply asked if I would marry him. Once I was able to breath again I said YES and he put the ring on my finger...we hugged and kissed...then I finished my cigg..(yeah, I know...the whole smoking thing is really messing this story up)...but that's how it went. You would have thought there were 300 people watching him when he did it. He was soooo nervous. That was the cutest thing about it. I could see in his eyes that he really meant it and that we would spend the rest of out lives together. I am a lucky woman to have such a wonderful man!

No comments: