Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's almost Friday!!

Today was a really long day. I have been CRAZY busy at work trying to catch up on everything. I had a great time being off for a week....but dang....the catching up part really sucks. It is what it is though right? I mean...what can I do??? It was a good evening though. Joel and I went to his moms house and had dinner. She made a wonderful salad (she makes the best salads EVER) and cabbage rolls, corn on the cob and bread. It was nice to be able to relax and not have to cook tonight. I love to cook, but sometimes you just need a break. We hung out and looked at wedding pictures and checked out her garden. It's so pretty and very peaceful. I can see why she enjoys it so much. I am going to take a nice HOT shower and cuddle up with my book "The Guardian". It's a good book so far. I have a feeling a crazy twist is coming in the story. I am eager to see what will happen. I will get through tomorrow (I HOPE) and be able to enjoy my weekend. We are having Poker night at our house Sat night. That is always fun....a little poker....food...friends...it really doesn't get much better then that. I am also about to start planning a baby shower for a good friend of mine. I have a great idea for the invitations...I can't wait to start working on them...so much fun!!! Then in a few weeks Joel and I are taking Haley and Brenden on a long weekend vacation. They have NO idea where we are going. I am really looking forward to it. We are going to have a great time!!

Thomas leaves for summer camp next Sunday....gosh...this will be his 6th year at camp. He LOVES it. He looks forward to it all year. I sure do miss him while he is gone but also enjoy seeing him have so much fun. I look forward to seeing the pictures the camp posts online daily. He is growing sooooo fast right now. He is 12 years old and has officially past up his MAMA...yes me...and I am not short...I am 5ft 10in. He will probably grow another foot while he is at camp.

Well...enough babbling for tonight...I am hitting that hot shower!

No comments: