Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY Body Scrub....

Sooo...I am totally hooked on Pinterest. If you haven't checked out...you MUST! It's awesome...for everything:-)
I love all of the DIY projects that people post...or should I say "pin". Recently I have seen a lot of the DIY body scrubs. Not sure about you...but this whitey has really dry skin in the winter. It drives me crazy! My sister and I have always said it's because our Nana scrubbed us too hard in the tub...and that's why our skin is sooo dry...lol. We came out of the bath clean when Nana was bathing us I can promise you that:-)
Anywho.....I decided to try one of these scrubs. The stuff from the store can be so expensive...and I had all of the ingredients for this one in my kitchen:-)

If you don't mind playing a little slipin slide in the shower...cleaning up the mess...or the smell of coffee...then you will love this! It's worth the slipin slide and clean up. My skin feels AMAZING!!!!! I really, really love this...and will start doing it a few times a month in the winter.
I read up on the ingredients a little...and they "say" coffee is really good for your skin. Other then the fact that it's corse and is good for exfoliation...I am not sure if the other stuff is true......supposedly the caffeine helps harden the skin...and help cellulite...YEAH RIGHT. Regardless....it really is amazing....feels awesome...and it's FREE! If you have everything in your kitchen:-)

You really should try this out!

DIY Body Scrub:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raw oats
1 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons of coffee

Stir together into a paste.
Rub all over body....rinse off with warm water.... Pat your skin dry...and leave uncovered for a bit...so your skin soaks up the oil....then enjoy nice soft skin!!!!

No comments: