Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another year is almost come and gone.....

Wow...it really is true...the older you get the faster time flies by. Seems like yesterday I didn't have a care in the world...and was just a wild teenager thinking I was grown. Now, I am dealing with a teenager of my own who doesn't have a care in the world and thinks he's grown.

Every year I write New Years Resolutions.....sometime I stick to them, but mostly I don't. They are all things that I hope to accomplish one day in life....but as each years go by...so do my resolutions...there is always next year right? Not for long....life is flying by. I need to make the best of it.

Over the past few years...my resolutions were things like...get healthier (I think everyone has this on...lol), quit smoking, better relationship with my family, save money, more "me time" etc...

It's taken a while...but I have managed to actually stick with a few of them. I haven't smoked in over a year!!! My relationship with my family is wonderful:-) I make more "me time" but still not as much as I should. I have realized you just don't get as much "me time" as you want until your kids are grown and out of the house.

This year I want to focus on only a few things. Getting healthy and saving money. I have had both of these in my resolutions for years...and do ok for a while...then not so much...then I do ok again...then not soo much:-) I want being healthy and being good with our money to become part of my lifestyle...not just a resolution.

I couldn't sleep last night...all I did was think about how simple both of these things are. It drives me crazy that I have such a hard time with very simple things in life...but I manage to get through very challenging times in life as well.

I am not actually writing my resolutions yet...just talking about them. This is what I hope to accomplish this next year...along with a few other things. I hope I can look back at this blog post a year from now and say that I DID IT!

I have a good life...good family...an amazing son and husband...and I have an awesome job. I am not complaining by any means....but I want to make a few more changes to an already wonderful life! It can only get better right?

I look forward to another year of life...with family and friends:-) Whether I pull through with these few resolutions or not, I am determined to make 2012 one of the best years of my life!!!!!






No comments: