Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekly Goals 9-20-10

This week I am going to focus mainly on one goal....exercise!!! This is what I have determined....

When I wanted to quit smoking it took me trying to quit multiple times before I FINALLY got sick of trying...and I just DID IT!!! It took a little while but I was ready. Well, that's where I am with the whole exercise thing. I have touched the subject more then once but haven't completely gotten where I want to be. I am READY now. I have had my fair share of trying and not completing it...and I am done:-) It's time to get serious. It's not only about looking better...but mostly about feeling better, living longer and setting an example for my children.

I am fortunate enough to have been raised eating very well. I like "good" foods. I don't like sodas...and don't care much for candy or ice cream. A lot of people are raised eating like crap and it makes it sooooo much harder to change their habits when they are older. This is one thing I have working for me....I need to be glad I have that...and roll with it!

I am NOT going on a major diet. I am NOT going to say that I will ONLY eat healthy foods...I am NOT saying that I am by any means planning on being perfect. What I AM saying is that I am going to get healthy and in the shape that I want to be in. I already feel so much better since I quit smoking....now it's time to get serious and make it happen.

I don't have far to go...drop a few pounds and tone up....NO BIG DEAL RIGHT??? It's harder then it sounds...but I know if I can quit smoking then this should be a breeze. I had smoked for a long time...and now haven't touched one in almost 5 months!

I am going to take this one step at a time. I know that I won't see the results tomorrow (wouldn't that be nice). I know that it will take some time...but will be WELL worth it in the long run!!

So....these are my goals for this week!

1. REALLY pay attention to portion control

2. Drink LOTS of water

3. Work out 4 times this week...either Yoga or Walking

4. Pay attention to fat,salt intake.

5. Eat lots of healthy snacks...veggies, nuts etc...

I am 5"10 and I weight 160lbs. My average weight is anywhere between 135 and 170...so I am NOT fat...but I would prefer to be closer to the 135 range. My goal is 140. I hope to lose a few pounds a week. Let's see what happens!!! I will re-post my weight next week and will be 100% honest with how I ate...my water intake...exercise etc.....

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: