Sunday, September 26, 2010

Texas State Fair 2010











Thomas had a fair day on Friday Sept 24th. He gets a fair day every year and I have never taken the day off to take him to the fair. This year I decided I was going to take him. We had such a great time.

We enjoyed some of the games....lots of the food and Thomas enjoyed a few of the rides. I can't ride the rides anymore because of my back...dang it! I did manage to make it through a fun house though. It was fun:-) I told Thomas I felt like I was in the movie Grease..."you better shape up.....cause I need a man....and my heart is set on you....better shape up....you better understand,......." ok...I will stop. I love that movie!!

They offered a new fried item this year. It was fried frito pie. Can you say WT???? OMG! It was soooooo good though. Thomas and I made that the first thing we ate:-)

We stopped in the IMAX just in time for the showing of Sea Monsters. I thought it would make me sick...but it didn't. It was really cool. It felt like we were swimming with the dinasours of the sea!!! We played around in the Science Place for a little while. It brought memories for both of us. Thomas hadn't been there since he was little...and I had some childhood memories of my own there! Too cool.

Of course we had to stop by the petting zoo. I just love seeing all of the animals and being able to pet them.

The dog show was pretty cool. There was a lady and her amazing 4 dobermans that put on a great show. One of the dobermans was white. I have never seen a white doberman before...and he had blue eyes! He was sooo pretty!!!

The day ended up being a great one. It was so nice to spend some one on one time with Thomas. He is such a wonderful young man and a true pleasure to be around:-) I am very proud of the young man he is becoming!!!

No comments: