Thursday, June 4, 2009

Too Young For This!!!




So...my back has been getting sore for a while now. Every time I would clean house...take in groceries...or anything like that my back would hurt like heck.The next morning I would be fine. I figured I had just pulled a muscle or something. This past weekend we had a poker party...so of course...I was cleaning the house...by the end of the night my back was killing me...I made it through the night and assumed that by morning...once again I would feel better. Well...let's just say that's not what happened. When I woke up Sunday morning I could hardly walk and I was crooked...yes I said crooked...Joel thought it was pretty funny but I thought it was messed up looking!....throughout the day it got worse and wouldn't stop hurting. I called my Mom and she asked my step father if he could recommend a doctor for me to see. He said it was probably a spasm or pulled muscle and recommended me to a spine doctor. Monday I made it to work...but could hardly walk. It took until that afternoon for to doctor to get back with me because he was in surgery all day. He said that I needed to have an MRI and then he could tell me what the problem was. I went in Tuesday morning at 7:30am for the MRI...that wasn't too bad...I just layed there....then I went to see Dr. Gill. As soon as he looked at my MRI he knew why I was in so much pain. He said that I had two torn discs and that one of them was almost ruptured. If it was ruptured I would need back surgery. He gave me steriods, pain pills and muscle relaxers and told me to take it easy...and NO lifting for four months and that the pain pills would help me until the discs healed. I went to work and by 3pm I couldn't sit in my chair any longer and the pain pills had me so jacked up I couldn't work...so I went home and took it easy. The next morning I thought I would feel a little better but I didn't..and the pain pills had me so jacked up I couldn't stay awake...I had to take (2) 30 minute naps at work just to make it through the day at work:-( I came to work today and the pain was even worse...what is the deal??? I am all kinds of meds and they aren't doing anything about the pain...they are just messing me up! So, I called the doctor today and told him what was going on. He told me that I have to come in and get a steriod shot in my spine!! EEK! I have had plenty of shots in my days...but this one sounds like it's really going to hurt! They are going to call me tomorrow whe it's time to go get it. I know it's going to suck...but if it takes away the pain then so be it. It can't be any worse then what I am feeling now!! Oh and did I mention my skin it itching like crazy!!! Does medicine make your skin itch or is something else wrong with me>??? LOL So tomorrow I am hoping I will feel much better. I still have to remember that my back is still jacked up and I can lift ANYTHING for 4 months. Poor Joel....he is going to be doing dishes, laundry, groceries..making dinner etc.......Maybe he will realize how much I do around the house since he is going to have to do it all!

No comments: