Thursday, June 18, 2009

I have the BEST husband in the world:-)

I know I haven't been married long....a month to be exact. I know why I married him. He is a wonderful man. Just a few weeks after we were married I hurt my back. I found out that I had torn two discs in my lower back. I really didn't like it when the doctor said I couldn't do almost anything for the next four months. I broke the news to Joel and told him that he would need to take over for the next few months. He did say better or worse right??? LOL He has been a true blessing. Is the house as clean as it would be if I were taking care of everything? NO...He is a man...what can you expect right?? LOL But I can tell you that has worked his ass off to take care of everything. I mean everything...he does all of the laundry ( I help fold ) He has been doing all of the dishes...sweeping...mopping....dusting (yes I said dusting) and to top all of this off he has also had his children here the past two weeks. Let's just say he has had his hands full and has done a really good job with all of the chores and his kiddos. I don't know what I would do without him. He wants to make sure I take the next four months to fully heal so I can get back to normal. This whole back thing has been really hard for me. I feel worthless:-( I live my life on a schedule....the schedule changes here and there and that doesn't bother me...but for the most part I know what I have to do day to day. Not being able to do it is driving me crazy. It sure does feel good to be able to come home and do nothing...and know that Joel has everything under control. I help as much as I can...but I don't want to have surgery so I am taking it as easy as I can without going CRAZY!!

I always wondered if I would meet a man and love him enough to want to spend the rest of my life with him. There were many opportunities for me to possibly marry...but something told me no each time....even though I was in love with them. My Mom always told me that I would know when I met the right man...and boy was she right. I met Joel a long time ago. We worked together. He was separated (but still married) at the time. We both really liked each other...but I am not the type of woman to take a husband away from his wife. We told each other that it wasn't the right time for us and if were meant to be it would be.

Over the next few years I dated other guys...a few I really liked and a few were pretty worthless...either way...I still talked about Joel often to friends and family. I didn't have any way to contact him...and assumed I would never see him again. We both hung out in totally different parts of Dallas and had NO mutual friends. My friend Brandi always told me I would marry him:-)

Almost 3 years after I last saw Joel I was out with a friend of mine. She invited me to go to a little hole in the wall bar where she liked to sing Karaoke. I had never been...and it wasn't my part of town...but I said..hell...why not. My friend Brandi and I both went to watch her sing Karaoke. We were sitting at the bar sippin ' on a cold one and a guy walked up behind me. I thought it was some drunk guy trying to get my attention so I didn't pay much attention. Brandi smiled at me and looked at the guy behind me. I turned around....I couldn't believe it!! It was Joel. What is the chance that I run into him after that long!!! He looked just the same...the cutest smile EVER!!!!! I was dating someone at the time...but still got his number. He told me that he had been separated from his wife for over and year and was single. They were still legally married because they couldn't afford the divorce...but weren't together in any way shape or form. It didn't take me long to dump the loser I was dating at the time and give Joel a call.

We started dating and it was like we had never been apart those three years. We had so much fun together!! Unfortunately we both had drinking problems...so we probably had a little too much fun together. After a year or so we got our shit together and have now been 100% sober for almost 2 years!

We are happier then we have EVER been in our lives. We were both ready to grow up. We knew that if we didn't get clean we wouldn't work out. Neither of us wanted that to happen again so we got clean. My life is so different now then it was before I became sober.

I look forward to spending the rest of my life with Joel. We have been through so much in that past and know that we have many more bumps in the road. That is what marriage is all about. You work it out together and you don't EVER give up on each other. Damn....I am a lucky woman:-)

No comments: