Thursday, December 17, 2009

Time for some Changes - Me Time!!!!

Ok....it's about that time. Time for some changes around here:-) I had back surgery about 4 months ago and my back is FINALLY healed long enough for me to start working out again. YAY! I can shed the weight I gained after having the surgery. I am really looking forward to getting back into the gym...feeling better and looking better:-) Joel has been healing from his broken collar bone and wants to start working out soon too.....So....we are going to get through x-mas and eat whatever we want...sleep as long as we want.....be completely LAZY if we want....then have a fresh start for the New Year. I am NOT calling any of this a New Years Resolution....because it's not. It just happens to be that time of year that everything is falling in place.


Another thing that is about to make a turn in my life is all of about some ME TIME. Let me tell you a little about my life and me....then maybe you will understand why I feel it's important to have some ME TIME. All women need to have ME TIME to stay sane:-) I can't stand someone else folding my laundry...if they do I have to re-fold it..... I hate cold weather....I LOVE to cook and am pretty good at it (but hate cleaning the kitchen)....trying to learn more about the whole baking thing....I am a total tomboy...trying to become a little more girlie....but it's hard for me......I love country music...and am a total country girl...even though I live in the city....I have the best family in the world....and the coolest sister EVER!!!.....I love to take photos...scrap....and read......I am NOT am morning person...at ALL....I can't dance...unless it's two steppin'...I hate taking my vitamins....they make me gag every day...UGH!....I am married to a wonderful man...I have one son who is at the WONDERFUL age of 13...and two step-children that are 10 and 11. I have a full time job as an Office Manager/Sales Assistant. I LOVE my job and the people I work with ROCK!!!! I am also trying to learn more about photography. I hope to make it a full time career at some point in my life. I have been really busy trying to take lots of pictures...learn how to edit them.....and learn everything else there is to know about photography while still running my family. It's been a little stressful. Every day I come home and cook a nice dinner. I feel that eating a home cooked meal sitting at the table with your family is one of the most important times of the day. Turn that darn TV off and talk with one another:-) Then I always have some type of battle with my 13 year old son. Oh...what an age:-) If it's not one thing it's another....homework is always fun trying to get him to do it...IF he even remembered to bring it home..UGH! I keep telling myself....I WILL GET THROUGH THIS....I WILL GET THROUGH THIS....My Mom did. I use to do the same stuff to her....man if I knew then what I know now:-) After homework...there is always a nice HUGE pile of laundry waiting to be cleaned...dried...folded and put up. By this time Joel is starting to feel neglected so I have to make sure I spend some time with him. The house needs to be straightened up....kitchen needs to be cleaned from making dinner (I have the BEST husband in the world......he normally cleans up the kitchen for me).....Finish laundry...make sure everyone has what they need for the next day...clothes..lunches..etc....By the time all of this basic daily stuff is done it's like 9:30-10:00 and I am so tired...I don't have much left in me to do the things that I want to do....edit....scrapbooking...blogging....reading...etc:-) So for the most part I go to bed...watch a few minutes of TV and crash....get up the next morning and do it all over again:-) Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my life and I love taking care of my family...but I need to make some changes to wear I have some time to do the things that I enjoy and still have the family taken care of. So I have a plan:-) ( As Joel would say...uh oh...that's scary)....Once a week....Wednesday is the day I have planned on. I am going to take the day off...NO laundry...NO cooking.....NO cleaning....Ok....I will still help Thomas with his homework...can't really stop that one:-) But we are either ordering in or Joel is cooking dinner...and if anyone needs clean clothes you better do it yourself. I am going to take the evening to spend time doing what I enjoy:-) Editing...scrapping....reading...whatever I want!! I think this will be a good break for me. I am looking forward to it!!!!!



SMOKING...Oh yeah...I am talking about it again:-) I still haven't been able to quit. UGH! I think about it all of the time and I told Joel that we really HAVE to quit. It's going to freakin' kill us!!! So, once again we have decided to try to quit in a few weeks when we get back into working out etc....I am going to try the patch again. The whole cold turkey thing was pretty tough on me...I was ready to kill someone...and that's not a good way to feel. The patch seems to make it a little easier to bare. Since I am making other changes in my life anyways...maybe this change will just slide right in there and go with the flow:-) I sure do hope so. I know I can do this. I have been trying for years....and it's going to happen one day!!!

One last thing that I am totally excited about.....Joel and I are going to buy a new house soon. I can't wait!!!! It will be so much fun finding the perfect house for us and the kiddos. We need a 4 bedroom so all of the kids can have their own rooms. This is a little further down the road...but it's in the plan:-)

Well, that's my life in a nutshell pretty much. I am looking forward to getting healthier...having some me time....and moving into a new home for our family to enjoy!!! Life is GOOD:-)

No comments: