Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!!!

It's Christmas morning and it's just me, Joel and the dogs. A little different I must say! We had Christmas with Haley and Brenden yesterday morning and it was great! The kids got a lot of cool presents and even better...we had a great day with them:-) We made Christmas cookies....made some really cool things with popsicle sticks to hang up in their room.....and of course hooked up and played with all of their new toys!! The kids went home to their Mom last night and Joel and I made it a movie night and then crashed. We got up this morning and opened our gifts to each other. Joel got me and AWESOME cutting board and new pot holders from William Sonoma...oh he did so good! LOVE HIM! I got him a new wallet and a flip video which he can't quit playing with. He is recording a video of his new dirt bike right now!!! It's really hard not having Thomas this Christmas...but I know he is having a blast shredding the mountains of Utah on his new snowboard:-) I will be able to celebrate Christmas with him as soon as he gets home...and boy do I have a big surprise for him!!!! I can't wait for him to see it. He is going to LOVE IT!!!!

Joel and I are trying to quit smoking again! Yesterday was our first day...it wasn't too bad. We are wearing the patch so that helps us. So far today is great....don't want a cigg at all. I guess I am getting what I need through the patch. We are going back to the gym Monday. I am REALLY looking forward to that. I haven't been able to work out in 4 months because of my back surgery. I am still a little sore...but am ready to start a light workout and build up to a great workout. I am ready to lose this weight I gained after surgery. Next summer I am going to be rockin' a new figure...I hope:-)

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!!! I am blessed to be were I am in life right now. I would want it any other way:-) Life is good!!!!!

I am about to start Christmas dinner...then this evening Joel and I are going to make plates for the homeless and go downtown and hand them out to people that don't have food. I know that most of the homeless people are just drunks that are too lazy to get a job....but not all of them are...and it makes me feel good to think that I might make a small moment in someones life just a little better:-) I would hope that if I were in that situation someone would be willing to do the same for me. I believe what goes around comes around and I want to be a good part of that process!!

No comments: