Monday, August 3, 2009

I am sooo lucky!

As you all know...I have had some trouble with my back. I have two torn discs in my lower back and boy does it hurt. About a month and a half ago I had a steroid shot in my back and it took ALL of the pain away!! YAY!!!!!! Well, little did I know yesterday that would all be taken away from me:-( I took my step son to get football cleats....I bent over to help him get the shoe on and I felt a weird, almost crunch in my lower back...then I couldn't stand up! Brenden is such a sweetheart. He asked if I was ok and what he could do to help. I managed to make it through the store and back home. Once I got home I laid down and felt much better....but when I would try to walk it was really starting to hurt again:-( I had a feeling it would be worse today and boy was I right!
I woke up this morning and couldn't get out of bed. I have never been in this much pain in my life! It was worse today then it was the first time this all started. Joel woke up and decided he would stay home with me because if I could get in to see the doctor...there was NO way I could drive.
I told Joel that if I could get everything set up in my bed that I would be able to work from home. Due to our honeymoon and family vacations this summer I DON'T have the time to take off work and plus my people NEED me:-) He is just too sweet! He moved the laptop, printer, trash can, papers, pens etc....into our room and totally hooked me up!!
You know me...I had to get him to take a picture so I could blog about it HE HE!
I managed to get a lot done today. It was kind of nice working from my "bed" office LOL!
As long as I am laying down I feel fine....but when I move it's a whole other story!
The doctor couldn't get me in today because he was in surgery all day. I am HOPING to get in to see him tomorrow so he can work his magic and do whatever needs to be done for me to feel better. I am sick of this back thing. I really don't want to have surgery...but if that it what it will take for me to get back to normal permanently then so be it!! I am ready! Bring on the doctors:-)
So...here is the picture that Joel took of me in my "bed" office:-)
The title of this blog is "I am soooo lucky"...and just for the record...I am not lucky because I have a hurt back or because I got to work from my comfy bed today...I am lucky because I married the best man in the world and he shows me all of the time how much he loves me. It feels so darn good:-) Wish my back felt that good...LOL!
Oh and please ignore the boring walls in our room...we just recently painted our room and are still in the process of re-doing our room:-)


No comments: