Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You will be missed Sheila!!!!

Last night at 11:55pm my husband lost his mother. She had a brain bleed and has been in the ICU for a week. The doctors told us that she would not recover with any meaningful life...so they decided to withdraw care for her and let her go. It was the saddest thing I have ever had to experience. Everyone says that everything happens for a reason. I question that sometimes:-( Seeing Joel hurt the way he did was awful. I am glad that we are at a good place in our life now that we are sober...secure...and happy. I think all of those things will help him deal with the loss of his Mom. I only knew Sheila for about 4 years...but it sure was long enough to know that she loved Joel and her other boys...Josh and John more than anything. She was soooo happy that Joel and I found each other. She told me one day that she waited for Joel to finally figure himself out and for him to truly be happy and that she could see now that he was truly happy. I am happy to know that she was able to be a part of our life for as long as she could.


I know that it's only the beginning of this whole thing for Joel...but I am 100% confident that he is going to be ok:-) He is a strong man and his Mom will be so proud of what his future holds for him and his family!

We will miss you Miss Sheila:-) Just know that I will always take good care of your son and your beautiful grandchildren. They mean the world to me:-)

Look at the smile in this picture. May 16th 2009. She was sooooo happy that day to have all of her boys together:-)

No comments: