Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall in Texas

I love Fall in Texas. The weather is awesome...a little rainy...but cool and very relaxing. For some reason this is the time of year that I enjoy cooking the most. I have a few new recipes that I am going to try this weekend. Joel's kids are here and his daughter is a little picky...so I tried to pick out a few recipes that she will enjoy. I know she will at least enjoy helping me prepare them:-) I will post the recipes on my food blog later this weekend.

I also love this time of year because it always seems like a good time to clean out stuff....I know that supposed to be "spring cleaning" and I love the whole "spring cleaning" thing...but in the fall I like to clean "out". I am thinking about re-organizing my closet this weekend....fun fun! How does that darn thing get so full of crap!!! I don't get it...lol.

Oh...and shopping. I am not a big shopper...I really only go shopping when it gets cold and again when it gets hot. I don't enjoy shopping a lot....but when it's start getting cold outside and all you have is flip flops and t-shirts it kind of makes you want to go out and buy a sweater:-) I love wearing a comfy pair of jeans and a nice warm sweater...coooozzzzyyyy!

I end up getting a lot more stuff done around the house when it starts getting cold too...because I am a total weenie and don't like being out in the cold all day....so I end up scrapping more...cooking...cleaning(well...I can't do much of that until my back fully heals...thanks Joel).

Fall also means the holidays are just around the corner:-) .....it brings back so many childhood memories. I hope our kids have as many wonderful holiday childhood memories as I do. Family....food...gifts....more food....oh...and just the smell of Christmas sticks in my mind. You walk outside...it's cold...you can smell wood burning from families fire places....LOVE IT!!!


HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: